Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Editorials



No comment needed...



Needs a Lipstick $ .99 sign...



This is normal. A good example of "just not getting it". The criticism of them showing up in their Leer Jet's to beg for money the first time means it is already too late...any sane person would have thought of that before hand. Changing if for later appearances just makes things worse....as it shows how willing they are to pander to the lowest intelligence level (ie, congress). I don't care if they all show up in individual limo's or even work their way down to car pooling (although which car to use would be an interesting debate to hear...I wonder if they would alternate..^_^). I might be a little worried about them all driving around together. I've never heard of much good coming out of a carful of guys out for a joyride..^_^. And aren't they supposed to be competitiors? Perhaps if they were all 3 wouldn't be in trouble. You'd think at least one of them would have been willing to buck the tide if they were really competing...

On a related note, I'm still seeing cartoons railing against the evil "workers" and their compensation package. First off...they are no where near as generous as that given to the non-workers (executives), and, if I recall, the evil unions have already suggested a number of cuts they would be willing to accept. I do not recall hearing anything from any "executives" about how they are happy to accept a cut for the benefit of all. Where are the cartoons mentioning that? Or is it only the easy targets that are grist for the mill? I think maybe it's an example of what is to come. Much of the easy material will be going away soon, and I think the artist/writers of these things have gotten lazy over the last 8 years of easy pickings. They aren't used to having to think a little bit for an idea anymore....^_^

1 comment:

RR said...

they just need to wait -- obama may not be a good target, but there will be enough dead wood that has a fair number of worm holes (corruption) in it that they will be able to poke fun at.

I almost fell over when I heard about the private jets -- I guess I just don't travel in those kinds of circles