Monday, November 17, 2008

Second Life affair ends in divorce...

Hi everybody,

i just read the item that Cliff posted at this blog on Friday, November 14, 2008, about the Second Life affair that ended in divorce.

My first reaction was one of disbelief...like can't these people tell reality from fantasy? Why don't they get a life?

But....then....i was thinking about it more and more...and hey, i think i'm the same way as the lady whose partner cheated on her in Second Life. That if it happened to me i would probably react the same way!

Does that mean i'm taking Second Life too seriously...that i'm spending too much time in a fantasy world?

Does it all mean that i'm wasting my real life by living more and more in my Second Life?

What do all of you think?

Love from,

tara

2 comments:

Cliff said...

1. Far from living more and more in SL, you are around much less..so we can toss out that thought..^_^.

2. I read that article as someone looking for a reason since day 1 of her marriage. Private investigators? She was assuming he was cheating from the moment they met..and when she looked deeply enough she found what she thought was it. He had the audacity to be talking to someone else...and..SL being like it is...it is possible the "female" he was chatting with likely was not dressed for Sunday school.

Tara..I don't think you are anywhere near that caught up in yourself or that shallow...I'm probably more jealous than you are...and I'd never consider what someone was doing in their mind to be grounds for much of anything other than a good talking too...^_^.

No one person can be everything to another person. At worst, SL behavior can be used as a sign that some facets of your partners personality are not being taken care of 100%. I don't think that they can be..but..if that would be worrying to you, I think talk might be better than private investigators in the search for a solution...^_^

tara said...

Hi Cliff,

Thanks for those good points. i'm so happy i met you at second life and that you take time to advise me about so many things.

Love from,

tara